We are pleased to announce that we have launched an online FOV (field-of-view) calculator for all thermography camera–lens combinations.
Knowing the FOV and the depth of field at certain distances is of paramount importance to many of our customers. Historically, this information has been part of the user manuals.
By relocating the information to this site, we have improved the level of service.
The FOV calculator displays the following results:
- HFOV: horizontal field of view in meters and feet.
- VFOV: vertical field of view in meters and feet.
- Depth of field—far limit in meters and feet.
- Depth of field—near limit in meters and feet.
- IFOV: instantaneous field of view in millimeters and inches.
- Distance to target in meters and feet.
To use the FOV calculator, follow this procedure:
- Go to Download Datasheets
- Click a camera series photo.
- Click the FOV Calc. hyperlink for a camera–lens combination. This displays the FOV calculator.
- To select a different camera–lens combination for a particular camera, select the new combination in the drop-down menu.